Get in contact
Enerdes offers a state-of-the-art solution in the form of convection tubes designed to maximize thermal efficiency in your greenhouse. Made from top-grade materials, these tubes are engineered to last, safeguarding your investment. Our convection tubes ensure that heat is uniformly distributed throughout the greenhouse, creating an environment that is optimal for plant growth.
Customize your convection tubes by selecting the ideal length, diameter, and material for your specific needs. Plus, our products consistently earn high efficiency ratings, helping you cut down on energy costs and optimize your greenhouse operations.
Unique properties of Enerdes Air Hoses
All Enerdes air hoses come equipped with the following properties:
- Patented design for optimal pressure distribution and air circulation
- Perfect perforation pattern
- Robust plastic
- Very good tear resistance
Two types of air hose foil are available: transparent and white. Both are available in varying material thicknesses. The punctore hole pattern can be adjusted on request or optimized to your specific application. The best choice depends on the greenhouse climate and the customer’s application.
Other suppliers do not have the right to produce our patented DADH’s and can only deliver single air hoses that have a worse performance and are less energy efficient. They are mainly based in the USA. Enerdes supplies air hoses globally, including the United States and Canada:
- Agriculture Solutions
- M. Leonard (Amleo)
- Grower’s Solutions
What are convection tubes?
Convection tubes are plastic foil tubes made of polyethylene that can be filled with air. These tubes are installed in greenhouses in order to provide fresh air and air circulation to the crops. Some are unpunched for air transport. The tube foil can also be punched in specific patterns to provide optimal air distribution and air circulation around the crops.
The tubes can either be placed in the top of the greenhouse to provide heating and cooling in a very energy efficient and cost saving way. Or they can be placed under the crop gutters, in order to provide moving air around the plants and improve moisture concentrations.
This is how convection tubes work:
- A fan blows air into the air hose. This air can come either from outside or inside the greenhouse:
- Internal air. Circulating greenhouse air under the crop gutters prevents stagnant air near the plants. This provides an optimal moisture balance in the greenhouse and reduces diseases such as botrytis for the plants.
- External air. Circulating fresh air with the air hoses additionally allows for better CO2 balances in the greenhouse and an inexpensive but efficient way of heating or cooling the greenhouse.
- The Double Air Distribution Hose has a hole pattern that provides optimal pressure and air velocity. It has been engineered such that the air velocity and thus the air circulation will be equal over the whole length of the convection tube.
- Tube hangers allow the convection tube to be positioned in an ideal location in the greenhouse and will make sure the tube is not damaged. Enerdes has designed its own perfect tube hangers that are durable, lightweight, UV -stabilised and minimally invasive to the air hose foil.
- End caps are placed at the end of the air hose. This way the pressure distribution in the hose can be controlled as well as the air velocity at the end of the air hose. This can for example help with convection tube cooling in the greenhouse corridors.
Why do I need a convection tube system?
A convection tube system provides a lot of benefits to your greenhouse operation, ultimately improving the yield of your crops:
- Energy efficient way of air ventilation, convection tube cooling and heating
The poly convection tubing implements a uniform air distribution throughout the entire greenhouse and around all crops.
- Homogeneous temperature distribution
Air mixing ensures better CO2 balances and a homogeneous temperature distribution around all plants. This results in constant and reliable quality of crops.
- Improved moisture balance and humidity levels
A proper convection tube system in a greenhouse improves the moisture balance and humidity levels. This enhances crop quality and reduces the risk of mold or plant disease development.
- Elimination of stagnant air
Convection tubes can provide a constant flow of fresh air and thus eliminate stagnant air, improve humidity levels, avoid dry and cold areas or hot and wet ones. This all results in a more consistent environment for your crops.
In conclusion, installing a proper convection tube system in your greenhouse will increase product quality and crop yield and save you energy as well as money. It is an environmentally friendly and a cost effective investment.
|Air hose Type:
|Crops will still receive 58 % of sunlight
|Crops receive reflected sunlight
|Easy to see when hoses need to be replaced
|Harder to see, depending on greenhouse climate. Standard is once every year
Fire resistant- flameproof Convection Tubes from Enerdes
We are suppling air convection tubes across six continents. We can deliver our tubes/hoses in accordance with the requirements of:
- NFPA 90A
- UL 2518
- BS 5867 Part 2, 1980
- DIN 4102-1
- Punched holes
Terminology for convection tubes
Greenhouse accessory suppliers use different terms for similar products. At Enerdes we prefer the term Air Hoses and for our optimized and patented product: Double Air Distribution Hoses. Below is a list that all refer to air hoses for greenhouses:
- Air duct
- Air distribution duct
- Air hoses
- Convection tubes
- Convection tubing
- Jet tubes
- Poly convection tubing
- Poly ducts
Convection tube cooling
Convection tubes can provide a constant flow of cooling air which brings several advantages.
Some examples of the benefits of convection tube cooling:
- Convection tube cooling is energy efficient
- It is cost saving
- It ensures a homogeneous temperature
- Improves the humidity levels and moisture balance