Plastic mulch is a type of plastic sheeting that is used as a weed barrier. It can be applied to the soil to act as a mulch, or it can be laid on top of the soil to act as a weed barrier.
Plastic mulch uses the process of thermochromism to trap heat from the sun and warm up either a single spot or large areas where it has been installed. Plastic mulch is made from polyethylene and has many advantages over other types of mulches.
Advantages of Plastic Mulch
- It does not decompose and will last for years without any additional care.
- It can be used in both residential and commercial areas.
- It does not attract insects or rodents like organic materials do.
- It provides an excellent weed barrier for gardens, flowerbeds, and other planting areas.
How to use Plastic Mulch
Plastic mulch is a popular choice for many gardeners because it is durable, lightweight, and weed resistant.
Plastic mulch can be used in the following ways:
- as a weed barrier under organic mulch
- as a weed barrier under sod or lawn
- as a weed barrier to cover bare soil
- to control erosion on slopes and embankments
Do you have any questions on our products, services or projects?
Please feel free to contact us.